Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

Review: Collection Hot Looks Nail Polish in No 43 'Fruit Salad'

Friday 9 August 2013

In my last post (which you can read here) I mentioned receiving a free nail polish and said I would write a review on it, so here we are!
When I bought Collection's Lasting Perfection concealer they were giving away free Hot Looks nail polishes if you spent a certain amount on Collection products (I think the minimum spend was £4), so I picked up #43 - 'Fruit Salad'. I was drawn in by this bright, summery colour and thought it would be perfect for the warmer months.


The formula is smooth and doesn't dry as you're applying it (so no streaks or bubbles!), and the finish is very glossy. After two coats, the colour comes out really well; it's a beautiful vibrant pinky-coral which looks good with or without a tan, and is guaranteed to make any woman feel feminine and glamorous (you can see the colour on my nails here - sorry for the poor photo quality, I stole this one from my Instagram).
However what impressed me the most about it was its staying power. I usually apply a coat of Sally Hansen's Insta-Dry Anti Chip topcoat when I paint my nails to seal the deal and make my manicure last a bit longer, but as I was travelling at the time I only took the Collection polish. Considering there are no claims of being chip resistant or long lasting, this polish takes quite a while to chip. I can't remember how many days it took, but it was definitely getting on for 6 or 7 days, and I've yet to see a nail polish do better than that! Plus, when you add in the fact I was washing up every day without gloves, that's really quite impressive.

Overall I really like this nail polish, and the fact it's cruelty-free makes it even better. There are a range of colours and although they're no longer on offer, they're still only £1.99.

I've got a couple of posts I'm hoping to write over the next few weeks, so stay tuned!

Namaste,
Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment