Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

My week in (very few) pictures: 24th February - 3rd March

Sunday 2 March 2014

Hello lovelies!

As you might have seen, last week I started a 'my week in pictures' series on here, and while it got off to a great start, this week has been much less eventful than the last and all I have to show for it is this picture of the vanilla soy latte topped with nutmeg that fuelled me through Tuesday afternoon.
Although this week may have been uneventful it was still lovely: between settling back into the college routine after a week off and doing coursework, I made the most of the intermittent sunny weather by spending my time either wondering around the city, stopping in Starbucks to drink some coffee and read a little, or sitting somewhere quiet with plenty of greenery enjoying some delicious food (this week I treated myself to a salad box from the wonderful Moorish Falafel Bar).
After a few hours of wondering and people watching on Saturday I spent the evening in with some strawberries and chocolate watching Shutter Island. Having heard quite a few people say how good it is and as a sucker for a psychological thriller, I thought I might as well give it a go, and I wasn't disappointed - I could go into detail about the story and how I felt about it, but it would be difficult to do this without giving too much away, so I'll leave you to see it for yourself (which I would definitely recommend doing).

With exams looming, A-level students across the country are really starting to get their heads down (myself included), and although it's a stressful time, I'm determined not to let it bog me down like last year. Instead, I'm going to write myself a revision plan/timetable so that I can make time for both work and leisure, and if I have some sort of plan to follow I'm less likely to end up sitting down to study and having no clue where to start.
If you too are entering exam season or if you have deadlines creeping up on you, just remember to take a step back, think about what you need to do and break it down into manageable chunks, and of course allow yourself some downtime, whether that's 15 minutes with a hot drink and a tasty snack or an afternoon of pampering at the weekend.

Good luck to anyone doing exams soon!

Namaste,
Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment