Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

My week in pictures: 7th - 13th April

Friday 18 April 2014

Sorry this post is a little late! I usually post my weeklies on a Sunday, but on Sunday this week I was on my way down to Swindon to visit family for a few days, so I haven't had the chance to finish and upload this post until now. But hey, better late than never, right?


My first picture this week is of my little quote book which I bought from Waterstones some months ago. Over the last year I've found so many quote on Tumblr and Instagram that I've liked, so a little while ago I decided I ought to buy a book to write them all down in so that I don't lose them. Although I always carry it with me I hadn't written in it for a few months, but on Monday morning I decided to have a little read through it and rediscover all of the quotes I'd loved so much. This is one I thought to be particularly lovely:
"Like the earth and moon, I am covered in craters and scars. That is not something I need to be saved from." 
I'm all for learning to accept and maybe even love your flaws, and this is such a beautiful way to put it. What are some of your favourite quotes?


On Friday I posted this latergram from Monday afternoon. I'd spent most of the day on Monday revising psychology, so when 4 o'clock came around I decided to give myself a well-earned rest and read 'The Art of Happiness' whilst drinking green tea and burning some of my favourite nag champa incense. I've almost finished this book now and I'm really excited to find my next read - I've still got 'State of Wonder' on the back burner and no doubt I'll come back to it soon, but I'd really like to find something similar to 'The Art of Happiness', something about learning to be more present and aware or shifting your perspective and finding the joy and beauty in everything. If anyone has any recommendations then please let me know - I'd love to know what other books are out there that follow a similar vein so that I can give them a go.


On Saturday night I made myself this rather tasty dinner of salt and pepper sweet potato wedges, broccoli & cauliflower drizzled with sweet chilli sauce and a salad of spinach, celery, parsley and coriander drizzled with tahini (which I have been loving lately, so creamy and nutty). Having eased up on healthy eating a few months ago, I've decided to get back on track since I was starting to feel quite sluggish and groggy. I've been eating really well lately and I feel so much better for it - I've got more energy, my skin is clearer, I feel leaner, and I love what I eat. This has to be one of my favourite meals since it's full of different flavours and textures, not to mention the fact it's made up of some of my favourite foods (sweet potatoes are my weakness).



On Sunday I caught the train to Swindon, which from where I live involves a two hour train journey, a crossover on the underground in London and then another hour on the train, so fortunately the journey only takes about four hours, and it's an excuse to pick up a yummy salad from M&S for lunch.

Although this post is late I'll still be posting another 'My week in pictures' on Sunday, and I've also got a little something else planned for the coming weeks, but more on that on Sunday.

Until then,

Namaste,
Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment