Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

Take me to... Denmark

Monday 8 September 2014


1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5

For quite some time now, I've wanted to spend some time in Denmark. I don't know whether it's the sleek, minimal and flawless design the Danes are so well known for, the importance of hygge (a word that has no literal English translation, but in essence means enjoying the smaller things in life, spending time with your friends and family and creating a warm atmosphere), or the wonderful combination of cute cafés and artsy shops in the towns and cities and breath-taking landscapes everywhere else.

After watching Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's documentary, 'Scandimania', a few weeks back after stumbling across it on 4OD, watching Essie Button's vlogs about her Scandinavian road trip, and looking at some of the beautiful Danish properties on Airbnb, my desire to go to Denmark has only grown stronger. And I'm not talking about going for a weekend, oh no; I would love to stay for maybe a month or so, just to give myself time to fully immerse myself in Danish culture and properly explore, from Copenhagen to Skagen, from the cobbled streets of the towns to the vast rocky landforms and white sand beaches on the coast.

There's just something about Denmark that I'm really drawn to, and I hope that one day I'll be able to satisfy my fascination with all things Danish.

Namaste,

Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment