Header

Navigation

HOME      BLOG      ABOUT      CONTACT      CATEGORIES

That one product I keep coming back to

Wednesday 11 February 2015

It's been a while since I last uploaded a beauty post, and although it's not something I tend to do often there are times when I really want to talk about a product, this being one of those times.

I've tried my fair share of products over the years and I'm always up for trying something new if it catches my attention, but for the past year or so there's been one that I keep returning to time and time again - Angels on Bare Skin, from Lush; a totally natural, synthetic-free facial cleanser which promises to 'even out skin tone and give a natural glow'. I'd heard quite a few people praising it as their holy grail so I decided to try it out, and the rest is history, as it were.



Made from ground almonds and kaolin (a type of soft clay), Angels on Bare Skin is both deep-cleaning and gently exfoliating, which leaves your skin feeling super soft and smooth. It's also full of lavender, which helps regulate the skin's oil production (and makes it smell beautiful), as well as rose and chamomile to help soothe and calm the skin, making it perfect for anyone with sensitive combination skin.

I've had brief flings with other cleansers (namely Lush's Mask of Magnaminty, which I still reach for during those dreaded breakouts), but each time I return to Angels I find myself thinking 'My God, why did I ever leave you?!'








I use this every morning in the shower, and I really do think it makes a difference to my skin; it feels  smoother, less oily yet more moisturised, and it looks a lot more even-toned and glow-y. If ever my skin feels like it needs an extra perk, I'll smooth on a good amount of product, give my face a gentle scrub, then leave it to sink into my skin and let those ingredients work their magic while I wash my hair and do all those other shower-y bits, only rinsing it off just before I get out.

Lush do a whole range of cleansers, each of which is aimed at a different skin type, but to my mind Angels on Bare Skin is a good all-rounder which would work for most. If you decide to try it out, let me know what you think - I hope you love it as much as I do.

Namaste,

Rowan

No comments :

Post a Comment